RENEGOTIATION Nearly a month after terminating its bulk water supply agreement with the provincial government of Pangasinan, water concessionaire Manila Water Philippine Ventures on Monday says it is asking the province’s officials to return to the negotiating table for the possible revival of the P8-billion deal. —WILLIE O. LOMIBAO
LINGAYEN, PANGASINAN—The Manila Water Philippine Ventures (MWPV), a subsidiary of the water utility firm Manila Water Co. Inc., has begun reaching out to the provincial government of Pangasinan in a bid to revive the P8-billion concession agreement that was deemed mutually terminated in December last year.
In a statement on Monday, MWPV said the company and the province’s top officials remained open “to explore a partnership on water supply” even after the deal was called off reportedly due to what the company said was the provincial government’s “nonfulfillment of obligations.”
“This presents an opportunity to revisit the conditions precedent of the old contract and renew the partnership for the benefit of Pangasinenses,” MWPV said.
Representatives of the company had met with Pangasinan provincial officials last week, the Inquirer learned, but details of the discussion were not immediately known.